Two well-liked Mexican eating places have been pressured to quickly shut down after well being inspections revealed a number of points, and one location was linked to an outbreak of foodborne sickness.
Los Amigos Mexican Grill taquerias in Brighton Heart had its working allow suspended after well being inspectors realized of “a number of stories of a foodborne sickness from objects consumed at this location.” In a Could 18 report, inspectors stated they noticed mold-like substances and visual soils on the partitions and ceilings of a walk-in unit on the eatery. Officers additionally stated there have been no sanitizer setups at meals prep stations.
On Could 19, on the West Roxbury location, well being inspectors discovered rodent droppings on meals objects and a spatula saved in stagnant water. Based on the report, the droppings have been discovered on pineapple cans, a bag of pinto beans, beverage single-use holders, storage tables, and on the ground.
To handle the rodent waste, well being inspectors instructed the restaurant to “present an in depth pest management report. Take away meals contaminated by droppings [and] clear and sanitize surfaces after cleansing of rodent droppings in all basement areas.”
Inspectors on the West Roxbury location additionally stated they discovered “no verifiable proof of sickness coverage coaching,” and noticed just one worker to have correctly washed their arms, amongst different violations.
Each areas are closed till a minimum of Tuesday, in response to the eatery’s web site.
The Boston Public Well being Fee launched an announcement encouraging anybody who visited the Brighton location between Could 12 and Could 18 to maintain a watch out for signs of Salmonella an infection, together with fever, diarrhea, and stomach ache. The assertion stated anybody who ate on the two taquerias between these dates ought to contact a healthcare supplier for an analysis and testing if acceptable.
Keep updated on all the most recent information from Boston.com